The world's largest professional association for the advancement of technology.
The IEEE Student Activities Committee (SAC)
SAC is the IEEE committee responsible for student programs and benefits, and making recommendations to the Member and Geographic Activities (MGA) Board. It is filled with IEEE volunteers, and supported by IEEE staff. These volunteer members provide important viewpoints and information, and represent the voice of the over 100,000 IEEE Student and Graduate Student members worldwide.
Mission: To deliver a common, high quality IEEE Student member experience globally, for lifelong, professional success through IEEE membership.
MGA Student Activities Committee Members
Listed below are the members of the MGA Student Activities Committee. For more information on volunteer opportunities within your regional committee or to connect with them directly, please complete the form to the right.
- SAC Chair, Hossam Ali
- SAC Past Chair, Elisa Barney
- VC Membership, Simay Akar
- VC Technical Activities, Prasanth Mohan
Student Activities has several primary initiatives to provide opportunities to our student members. These are the chairs of these initiatives.
- Professional Activities (SPAx) Chair, Adil Usman
- Virtual Speakers (VSB) Chair, Vamsi Krishna J
- IEEEXtreme Chair, Luis Fernandes
- Awards and Recognition Chair, Ariana Garcia
- Potentials Magazine Editor-in-Chief, Sharad Sinha
Regional Student Activities Chairs (RSACs)
The Regional Student Activities Chairs (RSACs) represent each of the ten Regions of IEEE. These volunteer members help organize student activities in these areas, including student paper contests, website contests for Student Branches, and other interesting activities so you as IEEE Student members can be more actively involved.
- Region 1, Soon Wan
- Region 2, Bharat Rawalkshatriya
- Region 3, Bailey Heyman
- Region 4, Benjamin Strandskov
- Region 5, Nasser Kehtarnavaz
- Region 6, Elizabeth Johnston
- Region 7, Mohammad Jamiul Alam
- Region 8, Simay Akar
- Region 9, Reiron Lopes
- Region 10, Jennifer Dela Cruz
Regional Student Representatives (RSRs)
The Regional Student representatives (RSRs) represent each of the ten Regions of IEEE. These volunteer members are students. They help organize student activities in these areas, including student paper contests, website contests for Student Branches, and other interesting activities and programs, so you as IEEE Student members get engaged and more actively involved.
- Region 1, Shulammite Lim, Fiona Cai
- Region 2, Catherine Gao
- Region 3, TBD
- Region 4, Stephen Messing
- Region 5, Dylan Michael Hiu
- Region 6, Jared White
- Region 7, Melissa Vosough Tehrani
- Region 8, Theodoros Chatzinikolau
- Region 9, TBD
- Region 10, Warunika Hippola
Other SAC Representatives
Students are important to many components of IEEE. Several other organizational units with IEEE are represented within SAC to help provide information to this committee and to share information about student activities with the rest of IEEE.
- Rangchar Kasturi, TAB Representative to SAC
- Saaveethya Sivakumar, Branch Chapter Student Representative to SAC
- Rakesh Kumar, IEEE HKN Representative to SAC
- Robert Ramirez, Member
Industry is where most students will work when they graduate from college. To get input about what programs and activities are important to industry, the Student Activities Committee includes industrial representatives.
- John Paserba
- Rhonda Farrell
- Mohammad Hossein Babaee
- Mansi Tripathi
Join IEEE Students Today. It’s Easy!
Accelerate your growth with other like-minded people and take advantage of all an IEEE Students Membership has to offer. Let’s take the next step together and continue to advance technology for the benefit of humanity.
* Annual student dues range from US $27 – $37, depending on where you live.