The world's largest professional association for the advancement of technology.
Larry K. Wilson Regional Student Activities Award
The purpose of this award is to recognize, annually, in each Region of the IEEE, the Student member most responsible for an extraordinary accomplishment associated with Student Activities. The value of a Student member who shows a pattern of dedication and ongoing service to a Student Branch/Student Branch Chapter is certainly recognized. The award is designed to reward a particular event, program, or product of IEEE Student Activities. It is sponsored by the IEEE Member and Geographic Activities (MGA) Board.
- Nominees must be Student members of IEEE at the time of the accomplishment.
- The incumbent Regional Student Representative (RSR) is ineligible.
- The student most responsible for a worthy accomplishment may be nominated by a Branch Counselor, Section Chair, Section SAC, or other IEEE volunteers.
- The nominator(s) shall complete a nomination form via My Review Room.
- If you require additional information on this process, you may contact IEEE Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
31st March 2020
Submissions for 2020 Student Awards are opening soon. Stay tuned!
- The nominations will be judged by a committee appointed by the Regional Director or his/her designee Regional Student Activities Chair (RSAC).
- This Regional Committee will be responsible for establishing guidelines for judging, while maintaining fairness, objectivity, and high standards.
- Student nominees will be judged primarily on the impact of their accomplishment on the quality of student activities within the Region and IEEE as a whole.
- If no nominations of sufficient stature are made, no award will be given for that year. Only one Award per Region will be presented each year.
- This Award consists of a customized award plaque, a digital certificate, and three years of complimentary membership in IEEE.
- The presentation of the Award will be arranged by the Regional Directors at an appropriate location.
- The results will be published institute-wide at the earliest opportunity.
Hasti Sajedi University of Houston-Cullen College of Engineering
Ashley lu – University of Southern California
Tristan Cool – Concordia Universtiy
Anindo Saha American International University – Bangladesh
Reiron Ruan De Oliveira Lopez – Federal Univ of Campina Grande
View past winners of the Larry K. Wilson Regional Student Activities Award (PDF, 32 KB)