The purpose of this award is to recognize, annually, in each Region of the IEEE, the Student member most responsible for an extraordinary accomplishment associated with Student Activities. The value of a Student member who shows a pattern of dedication and ongoing service to a Student Branch/Student Branch Chapter is certainly recognized. It is sponsored by the IEEE Member and Geographic Activities (MGA) Board.
- Nominees must be Student members of IEEE at the time of the accomplishment.
- The incumbent Regional Student Representative (RSR) is ineligible.
- The student most responsible for a worthy accomplishment may be nominated by a Branch Counsellor, Section Chair, Section SAC, or other IEEE Volunteers.
- The nominator(s) shall complete a nomination form via Student Awards Portal
- If you require additional information on this process, you may contact IEEE Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that IEEE maintains publishing rights to print excerpts from all material submitted.
Deadline is 31st March of each year
- The nominations will be judged by a committee appointed by the Regional Director or his/her designee Regional Student Activities Chair (RSAC).
- This Regional Committee will be responsible for establishing guidelines for judging, while maintaining fairness, objectivity, and high standards.
- Student nominees will be judged primarily on the impact of their accomplishment on the quality of student activities within the Section, Region and IEEE as a whole.
- If no nominations of sufficient stature are made, no award will be given for that year. Only one award per Region will be presented each year.
- Even though each region can define their own evaluation criteria for this award, the following items are highly valuable for the selection of winner.
- – IEEE Involvement
- – Participation in IEEE Events
- – Accomplishments of the volunteer at a Student Branch, Section or Regional Level
- – Efforts to ease the continuity of activities and initiatives
- – Unique Contributions and Initiatives
- – Impact Created within IEEE
This Award consists of a customized award plaque, a digital certificate, and three years of complimentary membership in IEEE. The presentation of the Award will be arranged by the Regional Directors at an appropriate location. The results will be published institute-wide at the earliest opportunity.
View the past winners information for Larry K Wilson Regional Student Volunteer Award: Student Award Results